Desynch of the email addresses

Topics: FBA, Forms Based Authentication, MOSS, SharePoint
May 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Has anyone noticed that when you modify the email address of a user in the FBA Management that has already been added to the site collection users, the address shown in "Peoples and Groups" is not updated. Even more, the Forgot Password of the FBA uses the new address but Sharepoint alerts uses the old one.

Any proposed fixes ?
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Hi pgibeau, i recently encountered this problem also. Have you managed to find a solution to this problem yet?

pgibeau wrote:
Has anyone noticed that when you modify the email address of a user in the FBA Management that has already been added to the site collection users, the address shown in "Peoples and Groups" is not updated. Even more, the Forgot Password of the FBA uses the new address but Sharepoint alerts uses the old one.

Any proposed fixes ?

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Hello Ibar,

Sorry, but no, no proposed fixes.  The only solution we had thus far was to delete the user and recreate it.  It was acceptable for us since it was not a major issue.  But I guess you could modify the FBAUserEdit form so that when it summits, it fetches the Sharepoint user associated to the FBA user and manually updates it (you can probably do it through the object model even though you can't do it through the GUI).

Cheers,
Patrick

ibar78 wrote:
Hi pgibeau, i recently encountered this problem also. Have you managed to find a solution to this problem yet?

pgibeau wrote:

Any proposed fixes ?

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM
Thanks Patrick for the quick response, like you I've had to resort to deleting the account which is a bit tedious but we can live with it.

Rabi

pgibeau wrote:

Hello Ibar,

Sorry, but no, no proposed fixes.  The only solution we had thus far was to delete the user and recreate it.  It was acceptable for us since it was not a major issue.  But I guess you could modify the FBAUserEdit form so that when it summits, it fetches the Sharepoint user associated to the FBA user and manually updates it (you can probably do it through the object model even though you can't do it through the GUI).

Cheers,
Patrick

ibar78 wrote:

pgibeau wrote:

Any proposed fixes ?